"Chesapeake Kaleidoscope" is based on Ricky Tim's Kool Kaleidoscope Quilts. It was designed and constructed by Jo Barnes, Miki Burgnon, Sue Cochrane, Helen Hamerstrom, Trish Hankey, Lynn Hapchuk, Hilke Hoefer, Nancy Jo Kazmaier, Polly Schatz, and Kathy Sorci and quilted by Debbie Werker.
The Annapolis Quilt Guild hosts the amazing QUILTS BY THE BAY show at the Annapolis High School each year during the second weekend of June.
We celebrated our 37th show in 2017 which featured nearly 200 quilts by our talented members: traditional, modern, hand quilted, machine quilted, appliqued and pieced! The show transforms the school into a quilt extravaganza. A visitor said, “This show is so much bigger than I thought it would be. I had no idea you invited all these vendors and had all this other stuff here. This is awesome!”
The main entryway to the quilt show sometimes feels like a big party! Our Raffle Quilt is on display with tickets available, and there are spectacular Raffle Baskets and a Silent Auction. Other key areas of the show include:
● The Country Store - where you can find all kinds of quilt-related goods at yard sale prices.
● A Boutique featuring new handmade items for sale: unique purses, zipper pouches, kitchen items, decorative items, jewelry, clothing and much more.
● A traveling Hoffman Fabrics Quilt Exhibit. These quilts travel the country for a year and feature special Hoffman fabric used in a challenge. Each quilt in the exhibit has been judged and is accepted for its excellence.
● Vendors offering fabric, notions, high-end sewing tables and machines, handmade wood carved items, patterns, threads, wool, demonstrations, and more. It’s really an exciting day of shopping! We regularly invite new vendors, so there is something new and exciting available for everyone.
● Free Demonstrations by our members are given on both days of the show.
● Food and Beverages are available, provided by Zonta International. Sit down in our cafe area and vote for your favorite quilts.
We will update this page throughout the year with information about the upcoming quilt show. We hope you will check back soon!
Vendors from the 2017 Show included:
Capital Vac and Sew
Cute Monkey Fabrics
Dragonfly Quilt Shop
Erin Underwood Quilts
Fred’s Creative Woodworking
Lilies of the Field
Jan Douglas Design
Penny Marble Quilt Designs
Say It With Appliqué
Stone Row Studio