2020 Raffle Quilt – “Annapolis Interwoven”
The quilt is based on the pattern, “Over & Down Under.” It measures 62” x 62”. It was constructed and hand quilted by Jenn McCaskey and Julie Antinucci. Custom longarm services by Allison Korb.
Also included are two matching pillows measuring 20” x 20” each.
Quilts By The Bay has been cancelled.
It is with great sadness and heavy hearts the Annapolis Quilt Guild has made the decision to cancel the 2020 Quilts by the Bay Show scheduled for June 13-14, 2020, due to public health and safety concerns directly related to the COVID-19 virus outbreak. The health and safety of our members, vendors, and attendees is our only concern, and we know this is the right decision for our quilting community.
We are still planning to announce the winning raffle ticket for “Annapolis Interwoven” on Sunday June 14th. If you would still like to purchase a chance, please contact any member of the Guild to buy your lucky ticket!
We are sorry the Show will not happen this year, but we look forward to welcoming you back for an incredible Show in 2021.
Saturday, June 13, 2020, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, June 14, 2020, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Annapolis High School, 2700 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD
General Admission to the show is $10. Seniors and older are $8. Children 12 and under are free.
New members who join the Guild on Sat./Sun. can get in free.
SUNDAY SPECIAL: Seniors 65/older – come with a friend (also 65/older) and pay $4 each.
ALL WEEKEND: Bring in a 14.5 /16 oz. canned food item and receive a dollar off your entry fee! Food collected will be donated to the Light House Shelter in Annapolis. Please make sure expiration dates are current and that the item is something a food pantry would use.
The Annapolis Quilt Guild hosts the amazing QUILTS BY THE BAY show at the Annapolis High School each year during the second weekend of June.
In 2020, the Annapolis Quilt Guild would have celebrated its 40th consecutive quilt show, Quilts by the Bay. We hope to have an exceptional show in 2021. Each year we feature approximately 200 quilts by our talented members: traditional, modern, hand quilted, machine quilted, appliqued and pieced! The show transforms the school into a quilt extravaganza. A visitor once said, “This show is so much bigger than I thought it would be. I had no idea you invited all these vendors and had all this other stuff here. This is awesome!”
The main entryway to the quilt show sometimes feels like a big party! Our Raffle Quilt is on display with tickets available, and there are spectacular Raffle Baskets and a Silent Auction. Other key areas of the show include:
● The Country Store – where you can find all kinds of quilt-related goods at yard sale prices.
● A Boutique featuring new handmade items for sale: unique purses, zipper pouches, kitchen items, decorative items, jewelry, clothing and much more.
● This Year’s Special Exhibits: Log Cabin Quilts and Virginia’s Dept. of Juvenile Justice Quilts
● A traveling Hoffman Fabrics Quilt Exhibit. These quilts travel the country for a year and feature special Hoffman fabric used in a challenge. Each quilt in the exhibit has been judged and is accepted for its excellence.
● Vendors offering fabric, notions, high-end sewing tables and machines, handmade wood carved items, patterns, threads, wool, demonstrations, and more. It’s really an exciting day of shopping! We regularly invite new vendors, so there is something new and exciting available for everyone.
● Free Demonstrations (click here for 2020’s Demo List)
● Kids’ Scavenger Hunt
● Food and Beverages are available, provided by Zonta International.
● Phyllis Twigg Hatcher will again be offering quilt appraisals at the show both Saturday and Sunday. Each quilt takes about 30 minutes for her to examine. You can make an appointment by contacting her at Phyllis2775@hotmail.com or by calling her at 410-571-8847 (home) or 443-822-2045 (cell). The cost is $50 per quilt (cash or check; no credit cards). If your quilt will be in an exhibit at the show Phyllis can appraise it while it hangs even if you will not be present. Please complete an appraisal request form to help with accuracy:
Newly-Made Quilt Form or Vintage/Antique Quilt Form Phyllis looks forward to seeing your quilt at the show!
We will update this page throughout the year with information about the upcoming quilt show. We hope you will check back soon!
These vendors committed to the 2020 show and we hope they will be able to come back for the 2021 show. (links where possible):
Blue Hen Quilt Shop/Erin Underwood Quilts
Capital Vacuum and Sewing Center
Charlotte’s Cottage Quilt Shop
Dragonfly Quilt Shop
Fred’s Creative Woodworking
Joyous Applique Designs
Otavalo Textiles (Hand-crafted Fairtrade textiles and more)
Quilt and Kaboodle
Shears by Don Nathan (world class shear care expert, scissor sharpener)
Stone Row Studio
Suffolk Shaker Shop
The Crabby Quilter
Spring Water Designs (supporting vendor only)
Information for AQG Members
Members who enter a quilt into the quilt show are required to volunteer at least two hours of their time at the quilt show. Many people volunteer more than this, because the quilt show is a very social event where members get together, hang out, and put on a great show. You can choose your areas to volunteer through our “Members Only” page.