2019 Raffle Quilt – “Falling Stars”
Quilts By The Bay
Saturday, June 8, 2019, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, June 9, 2019, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Annapolis High School, 2700 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD
General Admission to the show is $10. Seniors and older are $8. Children 12 and under are free.
New members who join the Guild on Sat./Sun. can get in free.
SUNDAY SPECIAL: Seniors 65/older – come with a friend and pay $4 each.
ALL WEEKEND: Bring in a 14.5 /16 oz. canned food item and receive a dollar off your entry fee! Food collected will be donated to the Light House Shelter in Annapolis. Please make sure expiration dates are current and that the item is something a food pantry would use.
The Annapolis Quilt Guild hosts the amazing QUILTS BY THE BAY show at the Annapolis High School each year during the second weekend of June.
In 2019, the Annapolis Quilt Guild will celebrate its 39th consecutive quilt show, Quilts by the Bay. Each year we feature approximately 200 quilts by our talented members: traditional, modern, hand quilted, machine quilted, appliqued and pieced! The show transforms the school into a quilt extravaganza. A visitor in 2017 said, “This show is so much bigger than I thought it would be. I had no idea you invited all these vendors and had all this other stuff here. This is awesome!”
The main entryway to the quilt show sometimes feels like a big party! Our Raffle Quilt is on display with tickets available, and there are spectacular Raffle Baskets and a Silent Auction. Other key areas of the show include:
● The Country Store – where you can find all kinds of quilt-related goods at yard sale prices.
● A Boutique featuring new handmade items for sale: unique purses, zipper pouches, kitchen items, decorative items, jewelry, clothing and much more.
● This Year’s Special Exhibit: String Quilts
● A traveling Hoffman Fabrics Quilt Exhibit. These quilts travel the country for a year and feature special Hoffman fabric used in a challenge. Each quilt in the exhibit has been judged and is accepted for its excellence.
● Vendors offering fabric, notions, high-end sewing tables and machines, handmade wood carved items, patterns, threads, wool, demonstrations, and more. It’s really an exciting day of shopping! We regularly invite new vendors, so there is something new and exciting available for everyone.
● Free Demonstrations
● Kids’ Scavenger Hunt
● Food and Beverages are available, provided by Zonta International.
● Phyllis Twigg Hatcher will again be offering quilt appraisals at the show both Saturday and Sunday. Each quilt takes about 30 minutes for her to examine. You can make an appointment by contacting her at Phyllis2775@hotmail.com or by calling her at 410-571-8847 (home) or 443-822-2045 (cell). The cost is $50 per quilt (cash or check; no credit cards). If your quilt will be in an exhibit at the show Phyllis can appraise it while it hangs even if you will not be present. Please complete an appraisal request form to help with accuracy:
Newly-Made Quilt Form or Vintage/Antique Quilt Form Phyllis looks forward to seeing your quilt at the show!
We will update this page throughout the year with information about the upcoming quilt show. We hope you will check back soon!
List of committed vendors (and links where possible):
Blue Hen Quilt Shop/Erin Underwood Quilts
Capital Vac and Sew
Dragonfly Quilt Shop
Fred’s Creative Woodworking
Mad Mud Studio (one-of-a-kind ceramic pottery from Crofton, MD)
Otavalo Textiles (Hand-crafted Fairtrade textiles and more)
Shears by Don Nathan (world class shear care expert, scissor sharpener)
Special Occasion Quilts
Spring Water Designs
Stone Row Studio
Suffolk Shaker Shop
The Crabby Quilter
The Quilt Ledger
Information for AQG Members
Members who enter a quilt into the quilt show are required to volunteer at least two hours of their time at the quilt show. Many people volunteer more than this, because the quilt show is a very social event where members get together, hang out, and put on a great show. You can choose your areas to volunteer through our “Members Only” page.