"Chesapeake Kaleidoscope" is based on Ricky Tim's Kool Kaleidoscope Quilts. It was designed and constructed by Jo Barnes, Miki Burgnon, Sue Cochrane, Helen Hamerstrom, Trish Hankey, Lynn Hapchuk, Hilke Hoefer, Nancy Jo Kazmaier, Polly Schatz, and Kathy Sorci and quilted by Debbie Werker.
Quilts By The Bay
Saturday, June 9, 2018, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, June 10, 2018, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Annapolis High School, 2700 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD
General Admission to the show is $10. Seniors and older are $8. Children 12 and under are free. SUNDAY SPECIAL: Seniors 65 and older can buy one entry and get one FREE!
ALL WEEKEND: Bring in a 16 oz. canned food item and receive a dollar off your entry fee! Food collected will be donated to the Light House Shelter in Annapolis. Please make sure expiration dates are current and that the item is something a food pantry would use.
The Annapolis Quilt Guild hosts the amazing QUILTS BY THE BAY show at the Annapolis High School each year during the second weekend of June.
In 2018, the Annapolis Quilt Guild will celebrate its 38th consecutive quilt show, Quilts by the Bay. Each year we feature approximately 200 quilts by our talented members: traditional, modern, hand quilted, machine quilted, appliqued and pieced! The show transforms the school into a quilt extravaganza. A visitor in 2017 said, “This show is so much bigger than I thought it would be. I had no idea you invited all these vendors and had all this other stuff here. This is awesome!”
This year, our special exhibit will be on English Paper Piecing, a technique that has gained wild popularity recently but a technique that is grounded in tradition that dates back to the beginning of quilt making. Traditional grandmother’s garden quilts to more modern “millefiore” quilts will be on display and are eligible for judging. Hexagons and other shapes will take your breath away! Many of them will be pieced and quilted by hand, which makes these quilts even more amazing!
The main entryway to the quilt show sometimes feels like a big party! Our Raffle Quilt is on display with tickets available, and there are spectacular Raffle Baskets and a Silent Auction. Other key areas of the show include:
● The Country Store - where you can find all kinds of quilt-related goods at yard sale prices.
● A Boutique featuring new handmade items for sale: unique purses, zipper pouches, kitchen items, decorative items, jewelry, clothing and much more.
● A traveling Hoffman Fabrics Quilt Exhibit. These quilts travel the country for a year and feature special Hoffman fabric used in a challenge. Each quilt in the exhibit has been judged and is accepted for its excellence.
● Vendors offering fabric, notions, high-end sewing tables and machines, handmade wood carved items, patterns, threads, wool, demonstrations, and more. It’s really an exciting day of shopping! We regularly invite new vendors, so there is something new and exciting available for everyone.
● Free Demonstrations by our members are given on both days of the show.
● Food and Beverages are available, provided by Zonta International. Sit down in our cafe area and vote for your favorite quilts.
We will update this page throughout the year with information about the upcoming quilt show. We hope you will check back soon!
We are so excited to have some great vendors returning and welcome some new and exciting vendors. The following 2018 vendors have confirmed they will be at the quilt show:
Blue Hen Quilts/Erin Underwood Quilts
Capital Vac and Sew
Cute Monkey Fabrics
Dragonfly Quilt Shop
Fred’s Creative Woodworking
Journey/The Quilt Ledger
Lavendar Lane Farm of Maryland
Lilies of the Field
Mad Mud Studio (one-of-a-kind ceramic pottery from Crofton, MD)
Ron Berman Sharpening (Knives and scissors)
Stone Row Studio
Information for AQG Members
Members who enter a quilt into the quilt show are required to volunteer at least two hours of their time at the quilt show. Many people volunteer more than this, because the quilt show is a very social event where members get together, hang out, and put on a great show. You can choose your areas to volunteer through SignUpGenius.
If you would like to register to sell items in the Boutique, please download, print and fill in this form. This year, selling in the country store has been simplified. There is no registration paperwork. Please call or email Prue Hoppin to register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-607-8345.
Quilt Registration: You can register your quilts for the 2018 show here. A pdf of the form is also available. We will also have the form printed and ready to fill out at the February, March and April meetings. The deadline for quilt submission in April 15, 2018.